15 July 2012

Summer Doldrums

I've noticed recently that I haven't posted anything in almost a month.  I think it's the time of the year.  When the weather gets really hot in the summer, I do very little outside - I neglect the garden.  If the plants are lucky, I snap out of it fairly soon - which I think I have done this weekend.

In addition to the weather, there's work, and there's the ennui of summer - I think I've written about it before.  This year is a little different - I have been busy - taking care of chickens, mine and neighbors, volunteering at the Master Gardener's office, researching podcast topics, and reading about gardening in general.  I just haven't had time to write, which I miss.  I have a post about lawns that I'm working on.  I've been spending a lot of time researching organic gardening and non-toxic insecticides and fungicides.  Once I can distill all of this to a small amount of good information, I'll be writing about it.  I've found that, even on major gardening websites, the information on organic gardening is thin, unreliable or bad. 

So, look for a post about the new podcast soon, and hopefully I'll have more posts before we get around to another bloom day post.   Thanks for reading!

No comments: