03 April 2022

Milkweed with Fly


Most of these photos were taken indoors, where I could control the weather conditions - light, air current, and placement of the plant, or as much as the plant was willing to cooperate. Macro photography in the wild turns out to be more challenging than you think, but you never know what you may see. In this instance, I was still learning how to take photos like this, when I decided to give it one more try at the end of the day. I had read somewhere that shooting in the shade or late afternoon made it easier to get the black background.

Unlike other photos, this time I saw the fly foraging for dinner while I was focusing on the flower. I took several shots as the fly moved around, but none of them were quite as good as this one. You might say I got lucky!

No comments: